Hello and welcome to our web site. We will be updating information regularly including meeting dates and other important information so make sure that you check back frequently.
Who is Far North Queensland Wildlife Rescue?
Just about anyone! Far North Queensland Wildlife Rescue Association (Incorporated) is a group of volunteers who are dedicated to the preservation of the many species of wildlife found in Tropical North Queensland.
We are people from all walks of life who have a myriad of skills and abilities, yet common goals.
Our Values are:-
- The welfare of our native animals
- Our dedicated Wildlife Carers
- Our Sponsors and Supporters
Our Mission is simple:-
- To be a network of professional Carers committed to rehabilitating wildlife for release and
- the education of people about the value of native fauna and its habitat
Our Strategic Goals include:-
- Provision of training, mutual assistance, support and information about the care, rehabilitation and release of wildlife,
- Encourage education of the community about the conservation of native fauna and its habitats,
- Assume responsibility for the early assessment of sick, injured or orphaned native wildlife,
- Provide appropriate care for native wildlife suitable for rehabilitation and
- Adequately prepare these animals for survival in the wild once they are released.
How can I help?
FNQ Wildlife Rescue is a not for profit volunteer organisation. We rely heavily on the generosity of the public and companies to provide us with all running costs.
Raising orphaned wildlife is no easy task and most of our volunteers do this at their own cost. However, we need to maintain a Rescue Centre to provide a 24 hour phone coverage service for the public to report injured wildlife.
There are several ways in which you could help us physically or financially -
- Become a member - You could become a financial member only, or a wildlife carer. Wildlife caring is a very fulfilling experience and you can do your bit for our native wildlife.
- Donate - FNQ Wildlife Rescue is a registered environmental organisation. As such all donations made within Australia are tax deductible. You can make a donation to FNQ Wildlife Rescue online through the PayPal system by simply clicking the "Donate" button above to the left.
- Become a volunteer - Help out at our Rescue Centre (which is staffed by dedicated volunteers) or with our after hours phone service. We are always looking for more help so, if you can spare a few hours a week, why not do your bit to help our wildlife?
Wildlife Rescue holds monthly meetings at various venues in Tropical North Queensland. We always welcome new members so why not come along to our next meeting to see what we are all about?
Meeting details -
As a member of FNQ Wildlife Rescue you are doing your bit to help our very precious environment. You can choose to join us as a financial member only or as a wildlife carer and/or rescuer. Member benefits include:-
- A bi-monthly newsletter called "Possum Tales". This newsletter is full of interesting articles from our members and many tips and hints about caring for our native wildlife.
Click here to view a sample copy.
- Access to our "Members Only" area where you will find many valuable resources relating to wildlife caring.
- Invitations to attend wildlife workshops that are held to provide information and training for prospective carers.
- Regular email updates and bulletins about our activities.
Would you like to know more about us?
Click here to download a copy of our FNQ Wildlife Rescue Information Kit.
Join FNQ Wildlife Rescue today. Start by
downloading a Membership Application Form from this site.
Current members, please use the
Application to renew your membership and include your member
number in the space provided..